IF Administration (Pty) Ltd is headed up by competent and experienced short term insurance staff. With offices based in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Pretoria.
Don’t get caught up in the media hype, there are many ways to purchase insurance. In South Africa, you are able to find and purchase insurance through…
- Direct marketing insurance companies (normally though a call centre or similar) or;
- An agent who represents only one insurer and can offer only that company’s products or;
- On the internet through a group company or association purchase (normally shown as a comparative website or similar) or;
- Through a broker who can offer a choice of coverage from various insurance companies.
There is no one-size-fits all solution for everyone, however using a FAIS compliant intermediary to assist with your insurance requirements can relieve the fear of the unknown.
Why do I need an insurance broker?
It is important to note that an insurance broker does not work an insurance company, they work for you, the client. Brokers are a separate entity and are able to offer you MORE ADVICE, MORE CHOICE, BETTER PRICING and a REPRESENTATIVE that is on your side in the event of a claim.
Brokers have a professional knowledge and understanding to help you properly analyse your insurance needs, they also have the access to shop and negotiate better terms on your behalf and help you in the event of a claim. Brokers are able to do this for you over the phone, online, via email but one can never put enough emphasis on the value in a personal consultation, which will put you at ease with any questions you may have and also ensure that there are no misunderstandings or any details overlooked.
What does my insurance broker do for me?
A number of things that brokers do to find the correct cover for you includes, but is not limited to:
- Assessing your individual needs and obtaining quotes. Depending on the property, vehicle or business being insured, this might include obtaining an inspection report (if required).
- Comparing the coverage of different insurers to get you the best rates and conditions in an unbiased manner and making recommendations.
- Searching for opportunities to reduce overall premiums by combining different types of insurance for discounts.
- Explaining your premiums, terms and conditions and any small print that you don’t understand.
- Providing administrative follow-up such as certificates of insurance for finance divisions.
- Being available to answer questions before, during and after purchase.
- Ensuring your claims are fairly and efficiently handled. We help you with the process to ensure a speedy settlement.
A broker is paid commission through the premiums paid to the insurance company that you place your business with and there should always be complete transparency as to what the broker is earning in this regard.
Why does my insurance broker use IF Admin for their administration?
The legislative changes concerning the placement of your short term insurance business and management thereof is regulated by the Financial Services Board and the Short Term Insurance Act which are both ever changing in terms of requirements for businesses to comply. IF Admin was formed to assist the SME broker to comply legislatively with the requirements but also provide a strong support on both your underwriting and claims needs. IF Admin has agencies with selected secure insurance companies are able to assist with the issue of policy documentation, claims handling and provide our clients with an alternative source of contact when your broker may be unavailable.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us or your broker today.